The first round of the 2017 NFL Draft came and went Thursday. The LA Sports Pulse already gave you the first 10 picks of the draft. Here are picks Nos. 11 through 15.
No. 11: New Orleans Saints Select CB Marshon Lattimore
- The Saints looked to add some firepower to its defense Thursday. The team selected Marshon Lattimore out of Ohio State with the No. 11 selection. Lattimore was widely considered the top cornerback of the draft and New Orleans looks like it got a steal at this pick.
No. 12: Houston Texans Select QB Deshaun Watson
- Another surprising pick here. Watson had been falling down draft boards since the scouting combine and could have even gone to the late first round. However, Houston needs a quarterback after trading Brock Osweiller and here moved up to get Watson.
No. 13: Arizona Cardinals Select LB Haason Reddick
- The Cardinals have put together a solid defense and bolstered that Thursday by selecting Reddick, a linebacker out of Temple. Reddick’s stock rose over the last couple of weeks and was the first linebacker to be taken off the board last night. Arizona’s defense should be feared as the season progresses.
No. 14: Philadelphia Eagles Select DE Derek Barnett
- Eagles fans cannot be disappointed by this pick. Barnett is a terrific defensive end. He finished his career with Tennessee as the school’s all-time sacks leader and might be able to immediately make an impact on the defensive end of the spectrum. A good pick here by Philadelphia.
No. 15: Indianapolis Colts Select S Malik Hooker
- Hooker, the Ohio State standout, slipped a bit in the draft. He wasn’t considered the top defensive back in the draft, but he was projected by a lot of mock drafts to go to the Los Angeles Chargers. Instead, he will play for the Indianapolis Colts for the foreseeable future.