The Washington Capitals are the best team in hockey once again. Every time the Capitals make noise in the NHL, it always come up short — whether that is in the Eastern Conference final or semifinal. The Capitals have not made the Stanley Cup Final since 1998, though having a team led by Alexander Ovechkin for what seems like a million years. This could definitely be the year the Caps do it. First, Washington would have to get past the upstart Toronto Maple Leafs. Washington’s journey starts Thursday.
- Game 1, April 13: Maple Leafs @ Capitals, 7:00 pm ET, USA
- Game 2, April 15: Maple Leafs @ Capitals, 7:00 pm ET, NBCSN
- Game 3, April 17: Capitals @ Maple Leafs, 7:00 pm ET, NBCSN
- Game 4, April 19: Capitals @ Maple Leafs, 7:00 pm ET, NBC SN
- Game 5, April 21: Maple Leafs @ Capitals, If necessary
- Game 6, April 23: Capitals @ Maple Leafs, If necessary
- Game 7, April 25: Maple Leafs @ Capitals, If necessary
Washington will win this series. Toronto is good, but the Maple Leafs are not going to knock off a team that totaled 118 points over the course of the season. Caps in five sounds like a solid prediction.