The Pittsburgh Penguins and the Columbus Blue Jackets might have the most grueling matchup in the playoffs. The Blue Jackets undertook that incredible winning streak during the season and rode it all the way into the playoffs. The Penguins are a classic dynasty and the defending Stanley Cup champions. Columbus has not been to the playoffs since 2014 and will only appear in its third NHL playoffs. Defeating Pittsburgh is a tall order. The Blue Jackets will definitely need a miracle.
- Game 1, April 12: Blue Jackets @ Penguins, 7:30 pm ET, USA
- Game 2, April 14: Blue Jackets @ Penguins, 7:00 pm ET, NHL Network
- Game 3, April 16: Penguins @ Blue Jackets, 6:00 pm ET, CNBC
- Game 4, April 18: Penguins @ Blue Jackets, 7:30 pm ET, CNBC
- Game 5, April 20: Blue Jackets @ Penguins, If necessary
- Game 6, April 23: Penguins @ Blue Jackets, If necessary
- Game 7, April 25: Blue Jackets @ Penguins, If necessary
It’s so hard to defeat the Penguins in its natural habitat — the Stanley Cup playoffs. Though the Blue Jackets put on a great season, I don’t see how they’re going to beat Sidney Crosby and company in the first round. Penguins in six.