The matchup between the Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers is going to come down to who can last between the pipes. Both teams have solid goalkeepers — the Canadiens with Carey Price and the Rangers with Henrik Lundqvist. However, the Rangers’ Lundqvist has not proven that he can get back to the Stanley Cup Final after losing in 2014. Montreal is the fourth best team in the NHL, but pulled out an Atlantic Division title. It is going to be an interesting series to watch.
- Game 1, April 12: Rangers @ Canadiens, 7:00 pm ET, NBCSN
- Game 2, April 14: Rangers @ Canadiens, 7:00 pm ET, USA
- Game 3, April 16: Canadiens @ Rangers, 7:00 pm ET, NBCSN
- Game 4, April 18: Canadiens @ Rangers, 7:00 pm ET, NBCSN
- Game 5, April 20: Rangers @ Canadiens, If necessary
- Game 6, April 22: Rangers @ Canadiens, If necessary
- Game 7, April 24: Rangers @ Canadiens, If necessary
It’s going to be a tough series for both teams. Montreal will have Shea Weber on the defensive side of the blue line and will definitely be a help for Price. With that being said, I would give the Canadiens the edge in six games.