The Edmonton Oilers will be tasked with having to fend off the defending Western Conference champion San Jose Sharks. This could be the best position the Oilers have been in since the days of Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier. This time it is Connor McDavid shooting the puck and Cam Talbot between the pipes that could help the Oilers to the Stanley Cup. The Sharks have the experience, but don’t have the home ice advantage in this series.
- Game 1, April 12: Oilers @ Sharks, 10:00 pm ET, USA
- Game 2, April 14: Oilers @ Sharks, 10:30 pm ET, NBCSN
- Game 3, April 16: Sharks @ Oilers, 10:00 pm ET, NBCSN
- Game 4, April 18: Sharks @ Oilers, 10:00 pm ET, NBCSN
- Game 5, April 20: Sharks @ Oilers, If necessary
- Game 6, April 22: Oilers @ Sharks, If necessary
- Game 7, April 24: Sharks @ Oilers, If neessary
I’m a huge McDavid fan. The dream would be McDavid to play Sidney Crosby in the Stanley Cup Final in a passing-of-the-torch championship bout. I don’t know if that will happen, but I will take the Oilers over the Sharks in seven.