The Minnesota Wild have made the playoffs for the fifth consecutive season and first time under new coach Bruce Boudreau. The Wild, a No. 2 seed in their bracket, run into the St. Louis Blues. Mike Yeo, the former Wild coach, sits behind the bench for St. Louis and has been since Feb. 1. The coaching change has been beneficial and with Yeo’s knowledge of the Wild players and tendencies could become a huge asset to the Blues. It will be an interesting matchup to watch in the first round.
- Game 1, April 12: Blues @ Wild, 9:30 pm ET, NBCSN
- Game 2, April 14: Blues @ Wild, 8:00 pm ET, NBCSN
- Game 3, April 16: Wild @ Blues, 3:00 pm ET, NBC
- Game 4, April 19: Wild @ Blues, 9:30 pm ET, NBCSN
- Game 5, April 22: Blues @ Wild, If necessary
- Game 6, April 24: Wild @ Blues, If necessary
- Game 7, April 26, Blues @ Wild, If necessary
The Blues have the edge because of Yeo and leading scorer Vladimir Tarasenko. It is a lot to ask for Tarasenko to carry the Blues all the way through the playoffs, but they will need him to get going early — first round early. The Wild have Devan Dubnyk, but will that be enough to stop the high-scoring Blues? I don’t think so. I predict the Blues will win in six.