The San Francisco 49ers will march into western New York with an old face running the offense. Colin Kaepernick is back and he was named the starting quarterback earlier this week. It will be the first time in the regular season that Kaepernick will be taking snaps under Chip Kelly‘s play call.
The 49ers will be facing the Buffalo Bills, who are coming off a big win over the Los Angeles Rams on the road in Week 6. Buffalo needs a win to keep pace with the New England Patriots for the AFC East. Though it’s still early in the season, the Bills can’t lose pace too early. A win would be the Bills’ fourth and put them in good shape. However, it wouldn’t surprise anyone if the Bills come up short. It is the Rex Ryan way isn’t it?
How To Watch
- What: San Francisco 49ers (1-4) vs. Buffalo Bills (3-2)
- When: Sunday, Oct. 16, 1 p.m. ET
- Where: New Era Field, Orchard Park, N.Y.
- TV: FOX
- Streaming: Verizon NFL Mobile App
- Sunday Ticket: DirecTV
- Online: Fox Sports Go (in local areas)
- Odds: Bills (-7), O/U (44)
- CB Jimmie Ward (quadricep) — Out
- LB Ahmad Brooks (groin) — Questionable
- DT DeForest Buckner (foot) — Questionable
- DT Glenn Dorsey (knee) — Questionable
- S Jaquiski Tartt (quadricep) — Questionable
- DT Marcell Dareus (hamstring) — Out
- LB Zach Brown (foot) — Questionable
- DT Corbin Bryant (ankle) — Questionable
- TE Charles Clay (knee) — Questionable
- T Cordy Glenn (ankle) — Questionable
- T Cyrus Kouandjio (ankle) — Questionable
- C Patrick Lewis (knee) — Questionable
- P Colton Schmidt (right quadricep) — Questionable
- CB Corey White (shoulder) — Questionable
- Aaron Williams (ankle) — Questionable
The Bills are pretty banged up. The 49ers are looking to get their footing underneath them. It’s Kaepernick’s 2016 debut so I’m going to go with San Francisco in an upset on the road. 49ers 30, Bills 21.